If you are a dynamic business with ambitions to grow, this seminar presents a great opportunity to get some hard facts about why trading with the USA could be a strong move for your business. The knowledgeable advice will detail what opportunities there are for your business, how your company can make the most of these, and what support is available to help you grow internationally.
Date: Thursday 21st September
Time: 9am to 1pm followed by a networking lunch and one-to-one meetings
Location: Kingsmills Hotel, Inverness
Cost: Free to attend
As Scotland’s top international trading partner, the USA is worth £4.6b pa, accounting for around 16% of all our export activity. With four time zones across 50 states, the USA should be viewed as a group of regional markets, with different characteristics and business practices – offering a rich variety of business opportunities across a wide range of key sectors.
WHAT CAN I GAIN FROM THE SEMINAR?
- Discover valuable insights into Scotland’s top export market from people with practical experience of trading with the USA
- Identify opportunities for your business
- Get to grips with essential legal and financial knowledge
- Learn more about support available to grow your international business
- Request a one-to-one advisory meeting with key speakers
- Capitalise on networking opportunities with like-minded companies
- Susan Wilson – Principal Officer, USA Consulate
- Allan Hogarth – Executive Director, Scottish North America Business Council
- Tracey Ginn – GlobalScot
- Ben Shappell – Senior Manager, RSM
As well as the advantages of learning from excellent speakers, you’ll get your questions answered by an expert panel. You’ll also hear a first-hand case study from Wooha Brewing Company’s Heather McDonald, who is already doing substantial business across the Atlantic and will be sharing her knowledge, experience and top tips for exporting success.
Delivered by Highlands and Islands Enterprise in partnership with the Scottish North American Business Council (SNABC), this event offers a fast-track, content-rich, practical introduction to international trading opportunities in the USA.
Secure your place and get the insights and confidence to make it happen in the USA for your business.
This event is delivered by Highlands and Islands Enterprise, in partnership with Scottish Development International and is part funded through the European Regional Development Fund.