FRIDAY 19TH MAY 2017
WORKSHOP, 10AM – 1PM
121 MEETINGS WITH PATRICIA VAN DEN AKKER, 2PM – 5PM
AN LANNTAIR, KENNETH STREET, STORNOWAY, ISLE OF LEWIS, HS1 2DS
- Do you struggle to cost and price your work?
- Would you like to make more money from your crafts?
- Do you want to increase your prices but don’t really know how to do that – without losing potential clients?
Patricia van den Akker, the Director of The Design Trust and a well-known creative business adviser and trainer, will be running a lively and practical morning session on costing and pricing your crafts. She will get you into action, start thinking about your own situation and implementing changes straight away. In this morning workshop you will:
- Calculate the cost price of one of your craft products, and also the wholesale price, retail price and your hourly rate.
- Learn what the 8 most common pricing mistakes are and how you can avoid them
- Discover the 9 most common pricing strategies that you can use to price your product more profitably
- Work on the 3 fundamental money questions to make your business more sustainable and profitable
- Find out what to do if you are too expensive (or too cheap)
- Create your own practical mini-action plan to change your prices so you are asking the best price for your craft products and services.
This workshop is for both new and more established makers who find costing & pricing difficult or who struggle with asking the right price for their work and want to make their business more sustainable and profitable.
This workshop is being hosted and supported by An Lanntair in collaboration with Emergents/XpoNorth Crafts, Fashion and Textiles.
To book a place on our workshop in the morning and to register your interest for a 121 Patricia van den Akker in the afternoon, please complete the form below
Emergents will automatically be sent a copy of your form and will be back in touch to confirm your place on the workshop.
121s will be selected from those who express an interest and you will be emailed if you have been allocated an appointment.